Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 3 - In Kyiv


Happy Father's Day! Taking the opportunity to update before we head to church. The church that we are going to attend is in the evening, so we had the morning to rest and take a mini-tour of Kyiv. We spent most of the morning waiting on our bag that did not make the flight yesterday. The airline told us it would arrive in the morning, and sure enough at 11:45 it got here ;) I was glad for the delay as it gave me an opportunity to rest. Ben slept in easily, but I was up at 5 as soon as the sun came up. Breakfast was something familiar and enjoyable.



Once we got our newly arrived stuff organized, we headed off to see a little of the city. Our host, Doug, has been very kind to make sure I don't push it too far today, but I still got to see a good chunk of the city. Our first stop was what Ben called a "Ukrainian Luby's." We got an opportunity to be adventurous and also try some of the local favorites: Chicken Kiev (fried chicken) and Borscht (beet soup). Ben had a poppyseed blini as dessert (Doug warned him not to take any drug tests in the near future). I opted for nothing sweet and tried a mushroom pilaf instead.

Doug took us to several famous places in Kyiv like the original city gate (left). We have lots more pictures, but it's late and Blogger is giving us trouble posting pictures, so we'll post more tomorrow when we're not so tired from our day!

Sleep Tight!

~Ben & Megan

3 comments:

  1. poppyseed blini = poppini?

    Great idea on the blog you guys! I really look forward to following along :D.

    -Berg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Are you uploading directly to blogger? I've had trouble using blogger for photos, so I often use Flickr and paste the code in my entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am uploading directly to blogger because I tried several times to use Flickr & it is not recognizing things :(

    ReplyDelete